Lavender Essential oil (Lavendula Officinalis) - 100% Pure & Natural
PRICE: C$11.99 - 15 mL / 0.5 fl.oz. / Code: NER-106
Botanical Name: Lavandula officinalis
Main Constituents: Linalool: 29.5% / Linalyl Acetate: 36.1%
Plant Part: Flowers
Processing Method: Steam Distillation
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular of the essential oils and with good reason. It is extremely versatile, smells wonderful, and is inexpensive and easy to use. Apart from it lavender also provides many remedies for the problems related to both physical and emotional aspects. Lavender therapies can also be used to heal the problems associated with migraines, insect bites, skin problems, burns, infections, stress and nervous problems. Lavender is composed of certain complex organic combinations, making it apt to be used for a wide array of healing therapies. Lavender is one of the most calming and relaxing of the essential oils and will produce a relaxed, sedative state in a very short time. Today, we know of many health benefits of this flower and its essential oil, and as well as traditional folk medicine uses, there is an increasing body of scientific research into the various benefits of lavender aromatherapy.
Aroma: Fresh, Herbaceous, Floral
Traditional Use: Lavender is considered as the most useful and versatile essential oil for therapeutic purposes. Lavender is the essential oil most commonly associated with burns and healing of the skin.
Properties: Analgesic, Anticonvulsive, Antidepressant, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Deodorant, Sedative, Tonic.
How to Use: Topical, Diffuse, Massage, Bath, Inhalation
Blends well with: Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea tree, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang.
Safety: Avoid during pregnancy. Not for internal use.
- Minor burns: Lavender oil provide an instant relief to the burns, without the scarring. Once you have cooled the burnt area with cool water, gently apply neat lavender oil on the effected part.
- Infections: By keeping 50 drops to a pint of distilled water in a spray bottle you will have a great spray to use of cuts, scrapes, and abrasions to keep harmful infections from getting started.
- Ear-ache: Lavender oil can work its best to heal the pain in ears and throats. Just warm a bottle of lavender oil in hot water for a minute or two and then gently apply the warm oil over the skin around the ears and throat. Use minute amount (around 5 drops).
- Fatigue: Just put 5-6 drops of Lavender oil in milk and mixed with hot water and soak your feet in it. Since, the soles of the feet are quite porous, the lavender oil can instantly reach your bloodstream, thereby applying its soothing and relieving actions to various body parts.
- Fever: When in fever, while sponging your body with warm water, add a few drops of Lavender essential oil to milk and pure it in bath. This works well for both adults and children
- More relaxing, restful sleep: Lavender oil diluted in water can be placed in a sprayer and spritzed lightly on bed sheets and pillows. Or just drop a few drops of lavender oil around your bed, drifting currents of air filled with lavender scent will put you to sleep very fast.
- Acne:Aroma therapists recommend Lavender oil to be one of the most efficient ingredients for the acne treatment process. It suppresses the bacteria, which causes the skin infection, assists in rebalancing the over-secretion of sebum on which the bacteria thrives, and abridges the marks. The application is very simple. You just have to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a normal face cream and use it as a moisturizer or cleanser.
- Skin tonic:Make tonic water for delicate and sensitive skin, as well as speed skin cell replacement, by adding a few drops of Lavender oil mixed with mil to a handful of warm water.
- Itch & Stings: Use lavender oil full strength on mosquito, bee, and other insect bites to stop the itching or stings of them and to cut the risk of infection.
- Mosquitoes: By spraying a mixture of lavender oil and water on you the mosquitoes will be repelled all evening.
- Moths & Bugs: The scent that is so pleasant to so many people is not pleasant at all to moths and bugs and so lavender sachets or sprigs of dried lavender are often used in linen closets to deter them. You can tie some lavender buds in a vintage hankie and toss it in with your off season clothing in storage. Your clothes will smell fantastic when you are ready for them again and they will not resemble gourmet Swiss cheese.
- Tired, sore muscles? 10 drops to 2 table spoons of vegetable oil (use one of them: Sweet Almond, Grape Seed, Hazelnut) massaged on the sore muscles will help you relax and feel better. The same mixture can be massaged on temples, neck, and forehead to stop a migraine or headache in its tracks.
- Joint and muscle pain: A Lavender oil can be effective in the relief of joint and muscle pain as well as pain from rheumatism and arthritis. 15 drops of Lavender oil can be added to 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil (use one of them: Sweet Almond, Grape Seed, Hazelnut) and rubbed liberally on the affected area.
- Because Lavender Essential Oil has antibacterial qualities it is a perfect addition to cleaning supplies. Just add a few drops of the oil to your homemade cleaner and not only will your home smell fresh, but it will be disinfected, too.
- Added to the rinse cycle in the laundry will keep dishrags from smelling stale and kill various bacteria that might be lurking in your clothes. It is perfectly safe to use with cloth diapers, for example.
- If you hand wash dishes use ten drops or so added to the bottle of dish soap to make it antibacterial. Washing dishes will become a relaxing activity as you are surrounded by the fragrant scent.
Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Orange Sweet Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Essential
- Lemongrass Essential...